Default First Time DUI in Los Angeles County

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

I would like to seek advice for my case. I was pulled over by CHP in Montebello (LA County) on 03/05/11 at 4.00 AM and arrested for DUI. I was driving on a freeway and I saw the officer on the road side and slowed down and the officer then put on the lights and then I gave an indicator to take an exit and stopped my vehicle after taking an exit and turned on my parking lights. I was driving fast but was careful and was going in one lane. Officer asked me to step out of the vehicle and asked me to take Field Sobriety tests. I did everything well but he then took the Breath test on the road side and first attempt it showed .08 and then .09 so he arrested me and I got released after 7-8 hours. Officer cited that I was driving on 100mph on a 65mph limit on a freeway but I believe I was driving in between 95-99. He provided me with an option to either take Breath test or Blood test at the Police Station. I opted for Blood test.

- 1st time DUI with prior speeding tickets.
    - Charged with 23152 a vc MISD DUI

I would like to know if there is any possibility of not getting my license suspended and pleading not guilty and getting rid of DUI ticket. I am ready to pay any money for Lawyer fees. I will really appreciate if you can provide any help/suggestions. Thanks!

Sam

Default Re: First Time DUI in Los Angeles County

There is almost no chance of "getting rid of DUI ticket." The state might offer a lesser offense (likely a "wet reckless" per CVC 23103.5) as part of a plead deal, but they are not just going to drop it because you are an otherwise nice guy.

Oh, and going 95-99 is NOT going to help you! That still gives the officer PLENTY of reason to stop you.

If you wish to go to trial, expect to pay between $5,000 and $10,000 for an attorney depending on DUI experience. Most DUIs plead out to a lesser offense.

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/d...fornia-dui.htm
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. Is it true that I need to talk to DMV within 10 days of my arrest or else my license can be suspended.

The officer who arrested me told that I can drive for next 30 days and my notice to appear in the court on the ticket is 06/28/2011.

Thanks
    Sam

Quote Quoting samsharma
    View Post
    Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. Is it true that I need to talk to DMV within 10 days of my arrest or else my license can be suspended.
    You need to SCHEDULE the hearing within 10 days or your license could be suspended in 30 if they have reason to believe your BAC will be at or above .08.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links