Default Will People's Home Insurance Sue My Boyfriend for Running into Their House by the Car

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Florida
    My Boyfriend drove my car and ran into people's house,it was an accident, my boyfriend stepped on the gas instead of break when he was trying to park. my car is insuranced, but my boyfriend isnt insuranced under the car, my car insurance will pay part of the damage of the house, the rest of it will be paid by the people's home insurance, my quesion is, will the people's home insurance run after me or my boyfriend for the money, or sue me or him?

Default Re: Will People's Home Insurance Sue My Boyfriend for Running into Their House by the

will the people's home insurance run after me or my boyfriend for the money, or sue me or him?
    they will likely include both of you.

Why isn't your insurance covering all of the damages? Why are they paying any of the damages if this is true
    but my boyfriend isnt insuranced under the car,
    and why isn't your BF covered under your insurance?

Default Re: Will People's Home Insurance Sue My Boyfriend for Running into Their House by the

Auto insurance generally covers you and your car when an authorized person is using it. You need to sit down with an attorney and read it. There might be money limits or other restrictions in the policy.

I doubt an insurance company is going to sue you or him unless the amount is over 10k. Also, where you live might have something to do with it.

I live in Key West and all the insurance companies seem to have agreements with lawyers in Miami and places like that and send their lawyers down here. That is 300 miles of travel each time (and lots of time), so they tend to get easily discouraged and settle.

I have a case now suing a local newspaper and their attorney is a senior partner of a firm in Miami who flys down the day before a hearing. The hearing is only an hour, but the newspaper is paying for all of that time plus expenses. So each hearing is probably costing them something like 10k. They are real worried about a five million judgment so I guess they think it is worth it.

1. Sponsored Links