Default Battery charge after mixing meds with alcohol

Hi, I am 28 years old and live in Volusia Cty. Florida. I have never been arrested or charged with ANY type of crime ever in my life. So now at 28 I am prescribed meds for my ADD, I mixed these with alcohol and there is about 45 minutes I don't remember. I went to a local strip club and spent $400+ there and the dancer was claiming I didn't pay her for my last couple dances.. I thought I did but this is about the time my memory got hazy. I remember seconds here and there in handcuffs and in the back of the squad car but I apparently tried to leave the club and they claimed that U still owed about $15. I was told later that the bouncer stood in the doorway and would not let me pass. I was told 45 mins later at the police station that the bouncer finally restrained me and I bit his arm, police said his arm had his blood on it when they got there. Nothing requiring hospitalization but bleeding nevertheless. After sitting in a holding cell my dad came and got me. The police told my dad I was instantly very very docile,calling them sir in every sentance, answering all the questions they asked honestly, etc. The cops could tell I was seriously messed up .. I couldn't even think of who my employer was, must have taken 5 mins. I never even knew what I had done that night until my dad finally told me after I was home.

They basically told my dad I was incredibly cooperative/docile and thats why they were letting him pick me up that night, I never did go to "jail" and my dad didn't have to pay anything to get me out. They towed my car and it was $150 to get back (ouch) --So now here is my problem, My dad say the cops called what I did ==battery against the other man. Since I have zero record, what do you expect will happen to me in this case? What type of penalty might I be facing? Thank you for reading all
    this and please any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Mixed my meds with Alcohol, Now have Battery charge :(

Quote Quoting nikonian
    Hi, I am 28 years old and live in Volusia Cty. Florida. I have never been arrested or charged with ANY type of crime ever in my life. So now at 28 I am prescribed meds for my ADD, I mixed these with alcohol and there is about 45 minutes I don't remember. I went to a local strip club and spent $400+ there and the dancer was claiming I didn't pay her for my last couple dances.. I thought I did but this is about the time my memory got hazy. I remember seconds here and there in handcuffs and in the back of the squad car but I apparently tried to leave the club and they claimed that U still owed about $15. I was told later that the bouncer stood in the doorway and would not let me pass. I was told 45 mins later at the police station that the bouncer finally restrained me and I bit his arm, police said his arm had his blood on it when they got there. Nothing requiring hospitalization but bleeding nevertheless. After sitting in a holding cell my dad came and got me. The police told my dad I was instantly very very docile,calling them sir in every sentance, answering all the questions they asked honestly, etc. The cops could tell I was seriously messed up .. I couldn't even think of who my employer was, must have taken 5 mins. I never even knew what I had done that night until my dad finally
    told me after I was home.
    They basically told my dad I was incredibly cooperative/docile and thats why they were letting him pick me up that night, I never did go to "jail" and my dad didn't have to pay anything to get me out. They towed my car and it was $150 to get back (ouch) --So now here is my problem, My dad say the cops called what I did ==battery against the other man. Since I have zero record, what do you expect will happen to me in this case? What type of penalty might I be facing? Thank you for reading all
    this and please any help is appreciated.
    My response:

It depends upon the actual charge(s), and their "degree," when the DA files the Complaint. So, your question can't be accurately answered at this point.

One tip, however. When you plead at your arraignment, and if you don't want to go to trial, remember to plead "Nolo Contendere" - - Latin for "No Contest." It's the same as a plea of "guilty," but in this case, the Bouncer cannot use any evidence from the Criminal matter in the eventual Civil lawsuit against you. I guess you didn't think of that one.

IAAL

1. Sponsored Links