Default How Can an Inmate Get Her Sentence Reduced Without Going to a Fire Camp

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California
    I have been researching this for several months. I know that inmates transferred to fire and conservation camps are eligible for 35% sentence time (i.e. sentence is reduced to 35% of original sentence).
    Is this now available for non-violent honor inmates?
    Thank you.

Default Re: When Can an Inmate Get Her Sentence Reduced by Going to a Fire Camp

Is your question "Can an Inmate Get Her Sentence Reduced to 35% Without Going to a Fire Camp" or is it "Is this now available for non-violent honor inmates"?

Why is it that you believe that non-violent inmates wouldn't qualify - if you're considered unduly dangerous due to past violent acts you won't qualify.

I'm asking about getting the sentence reduced to 35% without going to a firecamp.

My girlfriend is a non-violent, first time offender (white collar crime). She's an honor inmate. She has 0 points. She is suppose to get 50% off. I haven't been able to find anything at all indicating that she could get the sentence reduced to 35% without going to a fire camp (she's physically unable to do fire camp work).

Quote Quoting damiross
    View Post
    I'm asking about getting the sentence reduced to 35% without going to a firecamp.

She's an honor inmate. She has 0 points. She is suppose to get 50% off.

If the requirement for a reduction to 35% is that she participate in fire camp, and she cannot participate in fire camp for whatever reason, then she is NOT eligible for that reduction. You stated she is supposed to get a 50% reduction, I assume this is for being a good prisoner. That sounds like all she is likely to get. Has she inquired at the penitentiary she is at about any other possible programs to reduce her sentence?

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    If the requirement for a reduction to 35% is that she participate in fire camp, and she cannot participate in fire camp for whatever reason, then she is NOT eligible for that reduction. You stated she is supposed to get a 50% reduction, I assume this is for being a good prisoner. That sounds like all she is likely to get. Has she inquired at the penitentiary she is at about any other possible programs to reduce her sentence?
    That seems to be the requirement. But I don't know if it's a rumor or fact that in January the law was changed to allow others to take advantage of the 35% sentencing.
    The prison she is at is extremely inefficient and doesn't follow its own rules. As an example, visitor forms are suppose to be approved within 30 days. Actuallity is more like 3-6+ months). She's been incarcerted for over 7 months now yet her face sheet still shows her doing the whole 40 months instead of the 20 months at 50%.
    She's doing everything she can to get them off their butts and do something.

1. Sponsored Links