Default Traffic Ticket for "Improper Lane Change" in Chicago

My question involves a traffic accident in the State of: IL

I was on the intersection where there was 2 right lanes. I was in far right lane. There was a Green Arrow for right turn. Before I took a right turn & checked traffic. there was absolutely no car on my left. I took right turn in right lane. After I finished my turn I checked all my mirror & blind sport & start left signal to change into the left lane. There wasn't any car. again I checked all my mirror & blind sport ..NO car....Then I start changing lane. I was in half way while somebody hit my car on left side almost at the end. it's look like that person was behind me in right lane & he wanted to pass me & he speed up. I was going slow because it was snowing so I start emergency light & stop my car.

I get down from my car to see what happen. I daughter was with my so I checked her first. By the time I call 911, he dial it first. He said according to cop we have to pull our car in McDonald because it wasn't bad accident & we can't block the traffic.

Cop Issue a Ticket "Improper lane change" to me because that person said we got an accident while we both take right turn. I explain the officer that I did checked my blind sport a everything but he said I have to issue a ticket. he was keep telling me that it happen in this weather. it's hard to see....etc.

I want to know that If I checked all the mirrors & blind sport & still I got a ticket. What can I do? I have to appear in court...what will happen?

Default Re: Traffic Ticket for "Improper Lane Change" in Chicago

The other car came from somewhere. What was the other driver's account of how the accident occurred? What was the officer's finding as indicated on the traffic accident report?

Visit this page: http://www.scribd.com/doc/32822372/M...fied-Complaint

Decide if you wish to pursue them making the complaint a proper one... other than this it will be his word v. yours & you'll likely lose.

I still didn't got the report because officer's printer was not working so I have to get it from office...but I don't know which office.....so I'll find it out on Monday. But on that day when Officer arrive that person only said, "we both taking right turn & she hit me". Officer didn't ask him any single thing after that.

1. Sponsored Links