Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dealership Will Not Refund Money to Hold Car

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Pennsylvania
    I am really hoping I can get some help here, ok my husband went to a car dealership to look at a car and he tested drove the car while in the car with a "sales person" he offered that they could hold the car for him for $500, if he decided he didn't want the car he had 30 days to get his money back, my husband went to another car dealership and found a car that he wanted so he went ahead and got the car. He went back to the first dealership and requested to have his money back but now they are denying him the money and said he cannot get the money back. The person he spoke with is also denying that he ever had that conversation with him. They gave him a form to sign i believe it was a buyers order i am not sure, but he did not sign anything else, he did not set up any payment plans, fill out any forms or received a title in exchange for the car. He did go ahead and sign a form the form however does not have a title on it so i can't say for sure what exactly the form is, we just want to know at this point what we can do to get our $500 back.

Default Re: Dealership Will Not Refund Money to Hold Car

What is on the form would be helpful. In addition, how was the money transferred? Cash? Check? Credit Card?

ok so i went back and looked at the form it is actually titled "as-is agreement of sale", and the transaction was by cash.

What does the agreement say about the terms of the sale? Generally an agreement of sale will list specifics to be met.
    Is there a reciept for the money?

it basically says the vehicle you are purchasing is being sold to you in as-is condition then it goes on to say any problems you might have with the car will be at your own expense. it was a used car, so it states that as well and that you are signing because you are aware of this. At the bottom it says "I have inspected the vehicle and agree to the terms of sale above" I don't understand why they would have him this to sign when the agreement is to hold the car. It then lists the make and model also the year, in the field where VIN is suppose to be is blank they didn't write it, it states the price of the car $2200 and the $500 to hold the car.
    The other thing is there was no receipt

Your husband's right to a refund depend upon the terms of the contract we signed. We, unfortunately, are not able to read the contract so we don't know what it says. If you want to fill us in by sharing the relevant language, somebody here may be able to take a look at it.

file:///C:/Users/HP%20mini/Downloads/Philadelphia-20110223-00035.jpg (COPY AND PASTE THE LINK)
    Thats a copy of the picture, I dont have a scanner but I had a pic on my phone. The bottom portion which shows the information about the $500 given to them is not there but I hope this helps you help me, the form is in my husbands work van at work so thats the best I have right now at this moment. Thanks in advance

That's a link to your hard drive. We can't read it, as we don't have access to your hard drive.

Yea i'm sorry about that i realized trying it another way.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...0223-00035.jpg

I HOPE THIS WORKS...

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...0223-00035.jpg
    I HOPE THIS WORKS...

Under that contract your husband bought a car. They could have tried to enforce the contract, demanding that he pay the balance and keep the car. I'm not sure how you could read that and not realize that you were signing a binding contract to buy a car.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast