Default Failure to Comply With a Court Order, and Contempt of Court

My question involves criminal law for the state of:NJ I filed multiple littering ordinance complaints against an adjacent business that habitually allows their garbage to litter my property. 1/2 were plead guilty, 1/2 dismissed because state statue requires community serv and or imprisionment after 3 consecutive complaints which Corp. business. can not do.. The end result of Court appearance was:"Court order" for the corp. buis. to "sweep all debris from area at least once every 8 hours"(**not happening**)..court order for Me after Corp business. fails to do so "serve written notice to Corp. business, allow 24 hours if no action taken THEN I MAY file complaint". I opposed the 24 hr notice portion as I felt it made the order to sweep debris moot (Which it has had that precise effect) The Corp business has violated the order I have documented the litter & debris remaining day after day "in the area" and picked up what continues to end up on my property due to the business's failure to full fill their obligation under the order. What are the poss. problems I could run into if I adopt the same attitude toward the order and disregard giving the notice & waiting 24hrs and just file complaint...OR should I call an officer and file complaint for the Corporations blatant contempt of Order ? I'm not knowledgeable to orders or process stemming from the criminal court system any/all feedback greatly appreciated. Thank-you~

Default Re: Failure to Comply With a Court Order, and Contempt of Court

Well as it turned out they were noticed 24 hrs passed 8 am this morning and no debris has been swept/shoveled or removed ..so here we go again.

Default Re: Failure to Comply With a Court Order, and Contempt of Court

Quote Quoting totallyfrustrated
    View Post
    Well as it turned out they were noticed 24 hrs passed 8 am this morning and no debris has been swept/shoveled or removed ..so here we go again.
    hmmm, interesting day in court. After documenting the accumulating litter & debris for a week , providing written 24 notice which was confirmed done "per court order" by both opposing counsel & prosecutor ..the Judge dismissed My complaints with out looking at any evidence, Solely because I did not have a copy of the 24hr notice, and stated if the order was not going to be followed whats the sense of having one?.

1. Sponsored Links