Lightbulb Legal Professionals: Are You Avoiding Legal Malpractice?

A court rules based legal deadline calendaring system that is implimented by an Attorney, could drastically reduce malpractice exposure against their firm.

A rules-based system will also protect the client too, and assure the timely responses needed to properly meet legal deadlines in the court.

The leading cause of Legal Malpractice Claims Against Lawyers and their Law Firms, are Missed Deadlines due from Calendaring Errors. Today, there are options available for attorneys to populate their calendars with legal deadlines to meet. The best options are rules-based deadline calculation services that are updated on a daily basis.

I would like to hear from all legal professionals on the measures they take to ensure they will drastically reduce malpractice exposure when calculating legal deadlines.

Do you use a rules-based system?

Thank you.

Default Re: Legal Professionals: Are You Avoiding Legal Malpractice?

I don't want to be presumptuous - I've never tried your software. In my experience some types of practice (e.g., bankruptcy and debt collection) lend themselves to a high degree of automation. Rules-based software probably could also be a significant benefit in criminal practice. But other areas of practice, such as civil litigation, are more burdensome to manage through software, as it often seems like you're entering custom information for each case rather than having dates calculated automatically. And then when a hearing is adjourned or discovery is extended, you're again editing the data. Absent a tech-savvy legal assistant who can stay on top of the data entry, and it can be dangerous for a small office to be too reliant upon such an individual due to possible staff turnover, it can be more burdensome for the staff to use a software calendaring system over pen and paper. All of this could, of course, vary by state.

Thumbs up Re: Legal Professionals: Are You Avoiding Legal Malpractice?

Thank you for your reply. I agree with the possibilities of a software program being burdensome to even the computer savvy legal assistant. If the program was an on-line website that did not require software, calculated all of your rules-based legal deadlines, and put the deadline dates on your outlook calendar, the only issue would be if you trust the information. I have the solution. If you would like to preview the website free of charge, please contact me, and I will send you a secure password. Have a great day.

1. Sponsored Links