Default Can You Change Your Plea and Pay the Fine Before Your Court Date

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Connecitcut

Just a quick general question:

I want to plead not guilty in the hopes that I will get a letter back saying I do not have to go to court and my ticket will be dismissed. This has happened to me in the past and I think they did it because the courts were very busy during that time.

My question is if they actually do give me a court date, can i pay the fine before that date and not show up to court, or do i have to show up to court and settle the fine there. The infraction was for 92.00 and I would rather pay it than miss a day of work for that small amount.

thanks in advance

Default Re: Can You Change Your Plea and Pay the Fine Before Your Court Date

Quote Quoting slee8251
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Connecitcut

Just a quick general question:

I want to plead not guilty in the hopes that I will get a letter back saying I do not have to go to court and my ticket will be dismissed. This has happened to me in the past and I think they did it because the courts were very busy during that time.

My question is if they actually do give me a court date, can i pay the fine before that date and not show up to court, or do i have to show up to court and settle the fine there. The infraction was for 92.00 and I would rather pay it than miss a day of work for that small amount.

thanks in advance
    Go to the DA conference .... say you were only going 5 over ... since no speed is on the ticket, you have a 75% chance of the DA just saying, OK I'll dismiss it... Its a pre-trial conference, nothing you say can be used in court ...

Default Re: Can You Change Your Plea and Pay the Fine Before Your Court Date

Most courts are perfectly happy to accommodate a change of plea - you go in, pay the fine, and they take your case off of the docket.

Trying to talk to the prosecutor can be a good idea. Some prosecutors are pretty generous with deals; others aren't, but you won't know unless you ask.

1. Sponsored Links