Default Points for Parking

I have recently moved up to uni and parked my car in a pedestrian street for about a week now. However I got a call from the local police force to say that they had, had a few complaints and that i should move it before my car got towed. On top of this they also said that the car wasn't displaying a valid tax disc and was therefore illegal to be on the road. However i went to move my car into a friends drive, and checked the tax disc in my cars windscreen and its still valid, and will be for a further few months. I also checked before parking, that there where no restrictions on parking there and couldn't see any. I've double checked today as well and there is no indication that parking there would be an issue. The women i spoke to on the phone said that i would recieve points for this violation which being a uni student will make insuring it alot more expensive, so i might not be able to keep it.

I would like to know if I will indeed recieve points on my liscense for this and if so is there anything that i can do to appeal it? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont know where i stand.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Default Re: Points for Parking

Since you deleted the "My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: " portion, you're not likely to receive any informative responses!

You can ask the woman you spoke to to cite the legal authority (code section/statute) that states that points will be assigned for a parking violation.

ahh ok thanks very much for giving me the heads up. Its in heartfordshire, UK if thats what you mean

Quote Quoting wiggles-56
    View Post
    ahh ok thanks very much for giving me the heads up. Its in heartfordshire, UK if thats what you mean
    Saw that coming when I read "up to Uni" and "windscreen"

1. Sponsored Links