Unhappy Custody Dispute While in the Military, Stationed Overseas

My husband and i are living separately and have been for almost a year. He has been both physically, mentally and emotionally abusive with several police reports filed against him. We have a child together and i had a child with another man. When we separated both children lived with me and had until recently.
    I went to take my daughter who isn't my husbands to her fathers mothers house so she could spend some time with them and because my command and his command and family advocacy decided that it was unsafe for her to be here. The day before i left he tried to commit suicide and ended up in the ICU intubated and unconscious. I left my daughter that is his child as well with a family who i trusted who knew my daughter and who also had a baby girl who my daughter could play with. I left her with everything that she would need and then some. I went to the states on Saturday. On Sunday my husband was discharged from the hospital. On Tuesday he was arrested for threatening to kill his 1sg and to kill me. Wednesday he decides that he wants to see his daughter. Family advocacy decided that he cant see her unless its supervised because he is mentally unstable and obviously suicidal and possibly homicidal. Thursday i get an email from the lady who was watching my daughter telling me that my NCO had gone and picked her up and given her to her dad. His lawyer called and told my command they had to give him the child. Now i get visitation and i barely get that.

I understand you cant keep a child from their parent but how can you give a child to some one so unstable?

My command is now telling me the only way i will get her back is if i file for custody here in Germany.

I need advice ASAP

thank you

Default Re: Custody Dispute While in the Military, Stationed Overseas

I apologize, but I am a little confused by your post so I need to ask a few questions for clarification purposes:

First, you are a dual military couple, right?

Your assignment in Germany, is that an accompanied tour?

Are the kids in Germany or the US?

Where is your husband (Germany? US? Other?)

Sorry i didn't mean to confuse any one..

Yes we are mil to mil

yes it is an accompanied tour i just got my kids command sponsorship switched to me in December

One kid the one who is not his is in the US the other is in Germany

My husband is here in Germany as well

What did Family Advocacy say when you informed them that your NCO had reunited the child with the father against their recommendations? Did your NCO know about the restriction from Family Advocacy?

that they had advised against it but had no ground to stand on, and yes she did she called me to tell me that they had imposed it specifically for my child's safety since he has become unpredictable and unstable

1. Sponsored Links