Default How Do You Stop a Levy

How do you stop the IRS from garnishing your wages for back taxes, before the garnishments starts?

Default Re: How Do You Stop a Levy

pay the amount due.

Quit your job and never work again.

Seriously OP - once the IRS starts the process, there is really no way you can avoid garnishment unless you can come up with a repayment plan BEFOREHAND.

Seriously OP - once the IRS starts the process, there is really no way you can avoid garnishment unless you can come up with a repayment plan BEFOREHAND.
    and the reason it got this far is the debtors refusal to take any other action to attempt to pay their debt. The IRS is quite workable most of the time so them having to resort to garnishing wages generally means the debtor simply refused all opportunities to rectify the situation.

In complete agreement!

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Quit your job and never work again.

That's funny I said the same thing, just kidding. I know that it takes 30 days from the date the levy was issued to the employer before garnishment takes place. I was just wondering if the IRS receive payment within that month, it would delay the garnishment because the amount of that garnishment would change? maybe its just wishful thinking. Thank you for your reply

Depends on the step they're in right now. A Notice of Intent to Levy can be put on indefinite hold as long as a voluntary payment agreement in an amount acceptable to the IRS is approved and mnot defaulted on. Unfortunately, I know this.

Quote Quoting PattyPA
    View Post
    Depends on the step they're in right now. A Notice of Intent to Levy can be put on indefinite hold as long as a voluntary payment agreement in an amount acceptable to the IRS is approved and mnot defaulted on. Unfortunately, I know this.
    From my professional experience it is not difficult to stop a levy. All you have to do is making an installment agreement with the IRS...as Patty said.

Of course, as she again said you then have to stick to the agreement. So, call the IRS and set up the installment agreement immediately.

Throwing gefilte fish at him doesn't work?

1. Sponsored Links