Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default I Was Charged As a Juvenile, What Will Show Up

    My question involves criminal records for the state of: Ohio

    I was charged as a Juvenile Delinquent. I'm curious what will show up, when my background check comes back from the gas station I'm applying to. Will my Juvenile Record appear?

    Thanks Guys. Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: I Was Charged As a Juvenile, What Will Show Up

    Hamilton County explains,
    Quote Quoting . How can I get my juvenile record sealed or expunged?
    Because you were charged with an offense as a juvenile, Ohio law allows you to have your juvenile record sealed or expunged. The following is an explanation of the process that you must follow to seal or expunge your record.
    1. You may apply to this Juvenile Court for an order to seal your record two years after any order made by the Court has ended. If you have been placed in a juvenile institution or other facility, you may not apply until two years after you have received an unconditional discharge from such institution or facility.

    2. "Seal a record" means to remove a record from the main file of similar records and to secure it in a separate file that contains only sealed records, accessible only to the Juvenile Court.

    3. Applying to seal your record doesn't automatically mean that it will be sealed. The Juvenile Court must find that you have been rehabilitated to a satisfactory degree. If your offense was aggravated murder, murder, rape, sexual battery or gross sexual imposition, your record cannot be sealed.

    4. If your record is sealed by the Juvenile Court and someone asks you if you have a record, you may properly reply that no record exists. If asked, the Court will also reply that no record exists.

    5. After your record has been sealed, your record will automatically be expunged after a period of five years or when you reach age 23, whichever occurs sooner. You may apply to the Juvenile Court to have your sealed record expunged sooner.

    6. How is expunging a record different from sealing a record? Expunging a record means to destroy, delete and erase a record, as appropriate for the record's physical or electronic form or characteristic. This means that the record is permanently irretrievable.

    7. You may obtain an application to either seal or expunge your record from the Juvenile Court Clerk's Office at 800 Broadway, Cincinnati, Ohio. That is also the location to file the application after you have finished filling it out.

    8. You may wish to read portions of the Ohio Revised Code, 2151.355, 2151.356, 2151.357 and 2151.358 for further details, available at most libraries and on the internet.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Background Checks: If a Juvenile is Adjudicated Does It Show Up on a Criminal Background Check
    By NLigon in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM
  2. Criminal Records: Will Juvenile Crime Show Up on a Casino Job
    By Iowa_casino in forum Criminal Records
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 06:29 AM
  3. Background Checks: Will a Juvenile Charge Show Up on a Background Check
    By Helo in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 01:30 AM
  4. Criminal Records: Does My Juvenile DUI Still Show Up on My Record
    By PotatoBug in forum Criminal Records
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 11:05 AM
  5. Background Checks: Will my Juvenile Record Show Up Through Fingerprinting?
    By messiejessie in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Criminal Defense Attorney
Protect your freedom. Consult a criminal defense lawyer for free.