Default Spousal Support for a Disabled Spouse

My question involves a marriage in the state of:California here is my situation i have been married at least 20 years and have been living with my wife for also over 20 years well we bought a house 3 years ago we are making payments with a settlement i received for 17 k which we used for the down payment well anyways im on ssi disability and have been sick with diabetes we have a 19 yr old and a 8yr old son that she agrees on me having visitation rights and everything i agree for her to keep the house but i only get 743 from ssi and that's it i asked her for 400 a month and to keep my car insurance paid for she agrees i do not want the divorce but she does so i pray for a Christmas miracle what can i do legally im going from a beautiful 3 bedroom house with a pool to a studio apartment she makes 22 dollars an hour and has a secure job we do not have anything in the banks worth fighting over or own anything besides an old pick up our other cars are being payed on i do not know what to do please help ..thanks for your help im very lost and scared

Default Re: Divorce

I'm not sure what you're asking - you said you asked for $400/month and she has agreed?

Are you asking if you are entitled to more?

Please help us help you
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

yes ..or maybe im just asking to see if im being fair about the amount. and im i entitled to money at all.while i stayed home she advanced her career and has a great job while i have been on disability for 10 years when we were younger i worked fulltime then mental disability due to to a horrible death in my family i remained home and did not do well severe depression. there is also no violence in the home or drug use ever .hope this helps and thanks for your help

This information may be helpful.

im i being fair to ask for money with out it i will not survive i get 743 dollars a month from ssi disability any help is appreciated. she gets the house which still has 25 years left on the mortgage and pretty much everything that comes with it and i move in to a studio apartment. sorry im just naive to the divorce laws and can not afford an attorney....merry christmas to all

any opinions on legalzoom.com divorce papers for a uncontested divorce 299.00??? thanks again for your help

If you're asking for spousal support and she doesn't agree to the amount you want, you have a contested divorce. It's only uncontested if you agree about everything.

yes here is the deal as of today she agrees to give me 400 a month in exchange she gets the house main custody of our youngest son but she says i can see him anytime i want so we agree on everything...today .Mr. knowitall will the uncontested divorce agreement keep her legaly having to pay me the 400 untill i die or remarry ? and can she decide later that she does not want to pay me anymore or not allow me visitation to our 8 yr old son? we also have a almost 19 year old son also but he is of age so theres no argument about that thanks for your help Mr. knowtitall

Your unconstested divorce will provide for whatever you include in your consent judgment.

thank you MR knowitall

f my wife and I agree to a no fault divorce , is there any laws about divorce, can i sue the guy that encouraged her to get shed of me for alienation of affection,

1. Sponsored Links