Default What Do I File to Get a Court Date

My question involves child support in the State of: Texas

I went to court for child support about 6 months ago, and did not ask for a blood test... I had no doubts. Now, after the fact I found out that the mother has taken at least one other man to court before me for the same child. NOW I have doubts.

I can't afford a lawyer and want to just file whatever motion etc I need to to get the judge to order the test.

Can't I just google some legal motion paper, fill it out and turn it in to the court ? Surely I can do this without a lawyer ????

thnx

Default Re: What Do I File to Get a Court Date

Yoo cannot afford to not have a lawyer at this point. You are in over your head. Call the local bar association and get a referral. Most offer low cost or free 30 minutes.

Quote Quoting BKRobinson
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: Texas

I went to court for child support about 6 months ago, and did not ask for a blood test... I had no doubts. Now, after the fact I found out that the mother has taken at least one other man to court before me for the same child. NOW I have doubts.

I can't afford a lawyer and want to just file whatever motion etc I need to to get the judge to order the test.

Can't I just google some legal motion paper, fill it out and turn it in to the court ? Surely I can do this without a lawyer ????

thnx
    Why did you give a free DNA Test. Not only does it give you 100% results but your child too (and in this case the mother too).

Chances are the child is yours, because the other guy had a negative DNA test. Unless we talking about three men in the same time frame. Probably not because you didn't know about the other guy.

Yes...you need a lawyer immediately. But if I was you...I would take a home DNA test immediately. It is cheaper than a lawyer. If the result is negative. Then you exactly what to do. Get a lawyer. Now if the result is positive, nobody knows you had doubts and it makes life a lot easier to manage in the long run.

I agree that you need to seek councel as if you stipulated to paternity at the last court hearing the court will have to rule to allow DNA tests.

1. Sponsored Links