Default Can One Roommate Give Notice to End Lease if the Other Roommate Wants to Stay

My question involves a roommate in the State of: California

My lease is up Feb 11, i thought my lease was up at the end of the month. I called to let them know that I will be giving my 30 day notice. I was told if we did not sign a lease it would automatically turn in to a month to month. My landlord stated that I cannot give a 30 day notice if my other roomates don't give notice also. If my other roomates cannot qualify without me, they said I cannot move out. My question is, if my obligation ended at the end of the lease and it rolls over to a month to month, I should be able to give a 30 day notice. Shouldn't it be up to the leasing office to deal with the remaining roomates? My contract has ended and is now on a month to month, shouldn't it be up to the leasing office to approve or evict the remaining roomates? I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Default Re: Can One Roommate Give Notice to End Lease if the Other Roommate Wants to Stay

What, if anything, does your lease say about this issue? (If your answer isn't "nothing", please quote the language.)

1. Sponsored Links