Default Discharged from Bankruptcy but No Foreclosure and Wages Garnished for Property Taxes

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: Indiana

In 2003 I recieved a discharge from the bankruptcy courts on a property I was trying to purchase. (I did not want to keep the property and listed it in the bankruptcy) The mortgage company has never filed for foreclosure and the county in which the property is located has asked and recieved a wage garnishment against me from the State of Indiana for the second time now for unpaid property taxes post bankruptcy discharge. Apparently because I'm a state employee my wages can be granished for unpaid property taxes with no questions asked.

I talked to serveral lawyers who all say this is an illegal collection, but none can figure out how to stop the garnishment. I was trying to pay for my son in college, but due to the first ganishment I had to make himdrop out of school. This is an exterme hardship on my family.

Do I have any options?

Default Re: Discharged from Bankruptcy but No Foreclosure and Wages Garnished for Property Ta

I would be interested to know why the "several lawyers" believe that the county is not entitled to pursue you for taxes on property that remains in your name. Your post suggests that these are taxes that have accrued post-discharge, and we have no reason to believe that the county is even aware of the bankruptcy.

None of the "several lawyers" were able to suggest a remedy?

Default Re: Discharged from Bankruptcy but No Foreclosure and Wages Garnished for Property Ta

The county is aware of the bankruptcy, this is know for a fact, they knew from my bankruptcy Lawyer, notifed by me and the 3 Lawyers. The county did this 5 years after my bankruptcy was discharged. The Lawyers offer no advise on what to do.

1. Sponsored Links