Default Can One Spouse Assume Guardianship of a Child and Not the Other Spouse

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Nebraska
    I am currently married but separated. I have three foster children and would like to assume guardianship of them without having to divorce my husband since we are working on the marriage. Is it legal for one spouse to assume guardianship without the other spouse also assuming guardianship?

Default Re: Can One Spouse Assume Guardianship of a Child and Not the Other Spouse

I don't see any legal reason why you would be disqualified. From a practical standpoint, the court may want to determine at least that your spouse does not object to your appointment. Should we assume that your proposal is okay with the children's case worker?

1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

1. Property Division: Can a Spouse File a Judgement Against Another Spouse About Separate Assets
    By separatedinNC in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 08:25 AM
  2. Debt Collectors: Is The Surviving Spouse Responsible For The Deceased Spouse CC Bills in Missouri
    By sunnysoranges in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM
  3. Debt Collectors: Is The Surviving Spouse Responsible For The Deceased Spouse Medical Bills in Missouri
    By jbkrug13 in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 08:19 PM
  4. Background Checks: Can One Spouse's Felony Record Affect The Other Spouse With Employment Or Credit?
    By ndhelppls in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 10:38 PM
  5. Debt Collectors: Is The Surviving Spouse Responsible For The Deaceased Spouse Medical Bills in Indiana
    By murphyslaw in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 02:15 PM

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources