Cool Predatory Lending

My question involves court procedures for the state of: California
    I am a victim of preditory lending. I fought them hard and well.However, I must start all over again because of a dismissal without predjice. Due to my health and not able to show up for court. But if there is anyone out there that can get me some guidance to start all over again. I would be appreciative...

Default Re: Predatory Lending

You haven't shared any facts or indicated how much money is involved. If we're talking small claims, you may be able to get help from a small claims advisor. If not, consider contacting legal aid.

I first would like to know since july of 2009 I first laid my eyes on the original appraisal report. The appraiser lied and said that my house was in excellent condition. My house caught on fire in 2003. Then charges me 600 dollars when it was suppost to be 250. the loan originated in march of 2006 . I plan on taking him to small claims to get my money back until I can get all the documents that I need to go after the bank. How many years must he keep the appraisal on his records for me to have.

I've lived in a house that once had a serious fire. It had been repaired.

If an appraiser failed to detect a problem with the home, that doesn't mean the lender acted in a "predatory" manner. It simply means either that the appraiser didn't identify the damage or that it had been repaired to an extent that the appraiser concluded that it didn't affect the value of the home. Did you see any fire damage? If not, how do you propose that the appraiser would have seen it?

Didn't you have a contractor's inspection conducted when you bought the home? If not, why not? If so, why didn't your contractor identify the fire damage? Exactly what unrepaired fire damage are we talking about?

Further, you make it appear that this is your appraiser, not the bank's. Your appraiser's mistake isn't the fault of the bank, nor is your appraiser's increasing his fee. On what basis do you believe you can "go after the bank"?

Appraisers almost never look for or find such history. That's not what they do.

It was the home inspector that fond the signs of a previous kitchen fire. I bought the house anyway. The damage had been repaired.

In 2003 A fire occured in my home. I witnessed it and called 911. I had already owned the home but did not have any insurance at the time because of the roof and some other excuses. The appraiser was well informed and did come inside of the house and took pictures only on the outside. I did indeed have a contracter however this was the basis of getting a line of credit in the first place. to repair the damage. The lady that set up the loan had knowledge as well. And when I saw the report in 2009 he reported the house to be in excellent condition.

So you're stating that you committed fraud when you applied for the loan by misrepresenting the condition of your premises to the lender? I can see how that would enable them to sue you....

1. Sponsored Links