Default How to Create a Second Easement to Landlocked Property

My question involves an easement in the state of: PA

I own landlocked property. It has an existing, deeded right of way thru neighbor A's property. It is rather perrilous and comes close to steep drop-offs, etc. enough so that friends are hesitant to visit.

Neighbor B is open to the idea of an easement thru his property. Neigher of us have experience establishing easements so I am wondering where to start. I guess I am looking for a step by step "how to" for this situation. Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Easements: Steps to Create a Second Easement to Landlocked Property

You go to a lawyer who can properly draft, execute and file the deed providing for the easement.
    As the beneficiary of such, I would expect it would be in your interest to pay for it.
    I paid only a couple of hundred dollars to have an easement drafted a couple of years ago.

Does the easement get recorded in my deed, neighbor B's deed, or both? My existing right of way with neighbor A is only in my deed. That seems weird to me.

In addition to a lawyer, you will need a land surveyor to create the description of the new easement. It will be recorded as a new document with your county, and will be in your and your neighbor's chain of title. The surveyor will also produce an exhibit which will be a plat map to be included as a part of the recorded document. It will display the location and size of the easement area. The lawyer will incorporate the legal description and map exhibit in the easement document.

1. Sponsored Links