Post How to Get Back the Fund from the Seller

My question involves business law in the state of: I bid an AS-IS property for $3400 and I paid it 10 months ago by paypal. The deed transfer was supposed to be done in 8 weeks, however, I didn't get the deed yet after 5 months. And then the seller told me that the property was demolished by the city. I was offered some other properties to choose but I didn't find any one I like. I asked my money back but the seller disagree about it. Now the seller refuse to return the money and said the bid was as is but the property was as-is sale instead of bid. how would I get my full fund? I was told to small claim courts but what if I wouldn't get the fund back even I win the case. Thanks!

I talked with the seller several times but they wouldn't return the fund. I reported it to the police but they wouldn't do anything even they confirmed what I said. The seller said the sale was as-is so no one would help me. I'm sure the sale was not as-is but we're not professional. What should I do?

Default Re: How to Get Back the Fund from the Seller

Did you have a purchase contract?
    Paypal is NOT the way to make property purchases.
    What you normally do is place the sales funds in escrow that doesn't get paid out until the deed is executed.
    Just because something is "demolished" doesn't make the land go away which is what should have been deeded to you.

First, I'd file a complaint with Paypal but since you procrastinated around for such a long time, they'll tell you to pound sand.
    If it came from a credit card (rather than tapped out of your bank account), I'd try next with the credit card company.

This is small enough that small claims would be the best situation because frankly a lawyer would cost WAY more than you're going to recorver.

Something smells really, really bad here.

1. Sponsored Links