Default Getting Married Over the Phone

My question involves marriage law for the State of:
    getting married on the phone, if it is possible, how would i start the process? both me andmy fiance are active military stationed in nc, he is currently overseas and i deploy a month before he returns, we are trying to get married before i leave to guarrentee we stay together after his reenlistment. . .please if you have any thing that would help, would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Getting Married Over the Phone

There are no provisions for proxy or phone marriages in North Carolina. While you can get a license with only one of the two of you provided you have a notarized signature of the other party on an application, both of you must be present when the marriage takes place.

Your best bet is to see if you can somehow arrange to be on leave somewhere. The other option is to do it in a state that allows such. California, Texas, Montana, and Colorado all have provisions for the military members. I know Montana allows it to happen with neither party present in the state, though you will need to find someone to act for each of you. There are companies that do this, but I'd work through your post health and welfare or such to see if they have experience with companies known to be reputable.

well im from califorina and will be there for a week in march, and i heard of the proxy marriage, but his father has his POA, and we cant fly him out to california at the same time as me, and i heard that cali allows marriage over the phone if the person who is deployed is in active warfare, do you knoif that is true? and how i was start that?

dont do it over the phone. just wait a bit longer and plan a real wedding. if you do it on the phone (eve nif you can) then your going to want an actual wedding when you move to be with. why do it twice?

1. Sponsored Links