Hybrid View

Default Recovering My Stolen Computer

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Arizona

A girl who I used to gives rides to work stole my computer. The computer was in my car, and when I went out of town, she took it- it was gone when I came back. She claimed that she did not know who took it. I did not file a police report because I did not notice it was gone until several months after it was taken- it was in my car because I was going to have repairs done to it and I had been putting it off. This happened about a year and 8 months ago.

About a week ago, I went over to someone else's house and he had my computer. The girl who I used to work with had sold it to him and claimed that it belonged to her mom. She sold it for something like $400. This person could not have stolen it himself, because I did not know him at the time. She originally told him that the computer belonged to her mom, but she ended up letting him know that it was mine (but told him I gave it to her).

I want to be compensated for this, as I have verifiable proof that she took the computer. But I do not know what to do. Seeing as how she sold it to the other individual, whom I don't hold responsible, I can't take the computer back- it isn't mine anymore. But I would like monetary compensation. Help!

Confused in AZ

Default Re: Recovering My Stolen Computer

When you went back to the police, reported that you had located the computer and told them where it was and who possessed it, what did they tell you?

1. Sponsored Links