My question involves guardianship in the State of: Tennessee
I was wondering how do my husband and I go about filing for legal guardianship of my husbands children. My husbands parents currently have legal custody but the children live with us full time and have for the last 4 years. We have had issues with their mother claiming them on their taxes and we have had to be audited by the IRS to prove that we are allowed to claim them. We just think it would be a whole lot easier if we had that paperwork so we don't have to go through this every year. We don't want to hire lawyers but wondered if the was an easy way to a get the guardianship taken care of.