Default If I Am Approved for Disability Benefits What Would I Be Eligible for

According to social security if I became disabled as of 2008 I would be eligible for $700 per month.
    Now that I am disabled and have just had my hearing praying for the best (see other post about my crap lawyer)
    I was looking through other posts and noticed people making references to SSI and SSDI and I was wondering which is what and what could I be eligible for if I am approved? I am single I have 3 children one who turned 18 in April but is still in school as well as a 12 and 9 year old.

Default Re: If I Am Approved What Would I Be Eligible for

Best people to answer this are the ones who have access to your earnings record and the tools to do the computations - your local office.

Default Re: If I Am Approved What Would I Be Eligible for

Quote Quoting Janke
    View Post
    Best people to answer this are the ones who have access to your earnings record and the tools to do the computations - your local office.
    I was just trying to get a general idea of the possibilities, someone told me they knew someone who had 4 autistic children and she got something like 3000 a month from SSI and I thought that sounded a little far fetched. As it stands my earning statement said $700.

Default Re: If I Am Approved for Disability Benefits What Would I Be Eligible for

Quote Quoting Fleabone
    View Post
    According to social security if I became disabled as of 2008 I would be eligible for $700 per month.
    Now that I am disabled and have just had my hearing praying for the best (see other post about my crap lawyer)
    I was looking through other posts and noticed people making references to SSI and SSDI and I was wondering which is what and what could I be eligible for if I am approved? I am single I have 3 children one who turned 18 in April but is still in school as well as a 12 and 9 year old.

SSDI is based on your work history.

SSI is based on need.

Really, nobody here can guess how much (if any) of which you're entitled to - nobody has your work history, finances, the rest of it.

And seriously - pay no attention to anybody else's case. If that person has 4 disabled children, it's entirely possible that the SSI payments for all 4 would run into the thousands...but this has absolutely NO bearing on your case.

Default Re: If I Am Approved for Disability Benefits What Would I Be Eligible for

Your Social Security statement provides you with much better and more accurate estimates than anyone here can do. You have the information in your hands.

Benefits to children can be as low as zero in a disability case.

SSI is for disabled children. Entirely different program, different funding, different rules, different everything.

Quote Quoting Janke
    View Post
    Your Social Security statement provides you with much better and more accurate estimates than anyone here can do. You have the information in your hands.

Benefits to children can be as low as zero in a disability case.

SSI is for disabled children. Entirely different program, different funding, different rules, different everything.

SSI can and is awarded to disabled adults, Janke.

Example: Adult aged 22 who has never worked, is completely disabled and meets the medical criteria. Obviously he cannot get SSDI, but he will be able to get SSI.

Correct. My sentence was misleading.

I was responding to his statement about someone else who was getting SSI for her autistic children and referencing that, but my answer was wrong.

SSI can also be paid to people who have worked for decades but get low Social Security or low pensions.

Quote Quoting Janke
    View Post
    Correct. My sentence was misleading.

I was responding to his statement about someone else who was getting SSI for her autistic children and referencing that, but my answer was wrong.

SSI can also be paid to people who have worked for decades but get low Social Security or low pensions.

Absolutely

Thank you for clarifying your statement

1. Sponsored Links