Default Pulled Over by Officer who Wanted to Say "Hi"

My question involves police conduct in the State of: IN

This was 30 years ago so its merely a matter of curiousity.

My sister met a cop in a bar one night. They got to talking and became friends. Not boyfriend/girlfriend but friends, although the cop was somewhat interested in more than friends, but never pushed it. However they talked alot about friends and family and where they lived etc.

So, one day I was pulled over by that cop. He said that he ran my plates and realized that I was my sister's sister and just wanted to say "hi"...that I hadn't done anything wrong he just knew from my sister that I lived in that area and drove that kind of car.

It didn't upset me or anything, I was mostly amused by it. However, am I right in assuming that him pulling me over was highly inappropriate?

Default Re: Just Curious

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    It didn't upset me or anything, I was mostly amused by it. However, am I right in assuming that him pulling me over was highly inappropriate?

Yes, it was inappropriate, and UNconsitutional as far as that goes.

She asked for it ........ thirty years ago???

I recall an incident many years ago where a California Highway Patrol officer bought a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner just before his shift started, but was then ordered to extend his shift. He was stuck with a turkey that would be dangerously spoiled before he could get home. He was driving on the interstate at exactly the speed limit. Soon, a number of cars accumulated behind him. Finally, one brave soul gingerly passed him. The officer pulled him over, told him about the turkey situation, and gave him the turkey!

I think the officer handled that wonderfully! Technically, he DID have a reason to pull him over, and the driver was happy both to not get a ticket, and to get a turkey!

llworking: INCREDIBLY inappropriate. And creeeeeeeeepy.

DavidForthoffer: HILARIOUS!

1. Sponsored Links