My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Calif

I understand that Calif has a petition that can be filed, requesting that a small and uncontested estate be exempt from probate. My mother had a Will, but no living trust, and everything should pass to her spouse, including financial assets that are in only her name.

If true, what is the petition/process called ?

Thank you !