Default Will I Get Charged for Possession of Marijuana

My 3 friends and I were caught hotboxing in my car on one of my friends' property. The police found a bowl and about 3 grams of weed tucked behind the backseat of the car in front of one of my friends. They confiscated everything, handcuffed that friend (who had the weed and bowl tucked in front of his seat). However after asking us questions, they uncuffed him and let us go. They told us they had up to a year to press charges on us. They also said we were getting "put into the system," although they were very unclear as to what that implicates. We were not arrested nor given tickets/citations. They even said "if you become doctors (that's what we told them what we wanted to be) in the future, think about what we did for you." However they did get our information and told us an investigator would be calling us to learn more about this incident. What does "getting put into the system" mean? Is there a possibility we will be charged for possession in the future or are we off the hook?

Please help us with any information you have!

Default Re: Will I Get Charged for Possession of Marijuana

It sounds like they're not going to charge you this time, but are warning you that there will be a record of the stop that will likely result in your being charged next time. (If you want to know exactly what they meant, you would have to ask them.)

1. Sponsored Links