Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Notice of Copyright Violation From Internet Provider - Should I Take it Seriously

I'm really beginning to wonder if I actually downloaded the file they claim I did. Because I have no traces of it on my system.

I did not get any further e-mails. Looks like OP says he is not guilty.

Default Re: Notice of Copyright Violation From Internet Provider - Should I Take it Seriously

I got a e-mail from my ISP Charter,one only,from Copyrightsettlement.com.I did not respond in any way and have not got anything else from the lawyers or charter,its been 7 months.

Interesting!
    I just received an email from the same people. It was through my university however, as they tracked it through my dorms. (And yes I did downlaod the torrent at the time they marked and everything)
    Now there are 2 things I found that were worth noting:
    First, although copyrightsettlements.com shows their verisign certificate and whatnot, they lack the https (s for secure)! They only have an http website.

Also when i clicked I would like to pay, Firefox came up and said
    www.copyrightsettlements.com uses an invalid security certificate.
    The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.....

HOWEVER! There was a recent lawsuit against USCG for copying the website of copyrightsettlements.com and trying to scam people into paying a quick sum (just like this website is). I find it hard to believe though that this invesitgation was done into USCG for copying copyrightsettlements.com without them doing any research on the legality of copyrightsettlements.com in the first place.... right?

So i wonder if my threat was from a real web site or a fake one,and maybe a scam artist is copying a scam to ...scam?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2