Default Can You Get Unemployment if Advised to Quit Job for Medical Reasons

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California

Long story short. I quit my job in August 2010 in order to start a new job in a completely different field, as I was making a career change. Well before I was able to start my new job, I got sick and was placed on disability fulltime, so my new job was unable to hold the position for me, especially since I hadn't officially started. Fast forward to Dec 2010, my doctor releases me to work part-time, no more than 24hrs a week. I get a part-time job working 24 hours a week at an eating disorder (ED) facility. However, my condition flares up and being in the environment triggers unresolved issues from my past with ED and my doctor feels that this is not the healthiest or safest place for me to work. So he puts me back on disability fulltime and advises me to quit this job. I inform the job of my situation and ask if there was any other positions suitable for me given my condition and doctors advice, after I'm released to return back to work, in which I was told there was not, that they are fully staffed. My question: my voluntary quit was doctor advised and has good cause, related to my health. When I'm released to return to work, can I collect UI benefits?

Default Re: Can You Get Unemployment if Advised to Quit Job for Medical Reasons

You may qualify for unemployment if you have enough qualifying income during the applicable base period. You may want to review this guide.

1. Sponsored Links