Default No civil demand letter yet

I was caught shoplifting (20$ item) on March 6th as I stated here in a thread posted then. It was a Winners (retail) store. It's been over three months now and I haven't gotten any letter yet, no phonecalls or anything like that. I gave them the correct address and phone number. Is there any chance that they never sent this out in the first place? The guy who filled out the form in the security room said I should expect a letter within 20-30 days. But almost 4 months passed since then. It was my first time. No cops came. I was released as soon as they filled out the form and I signed the one where I confirm I won't go there anymore. They said I'd receive a civil demand letter but nothing's there yet.

Default Re: No civil demand letter yet

What penalty did the security tell you to expect from the letter? ....a court case, a fine, restriction from entering the store.

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    What penalty did the security tell you to expect from the letter? ....a court case, a fine, restriction from entering the store.
    They didn't really say anything. I asked them if I'll go to court. The guy just said I might. He added:"Or you might be asked to just write a letter" whatever he meant by that. He did fill out all the information though and said I'd get the letter...

It appears you would just keep waiting. The ball is in their court to get the process going. The ball might be dropped or they may not follow through--anything could happen but I think you have to wait and see.

This has happend to me too. It's now been 9 weeks and I have received nothing. Is there a time length when we could consider being in the clear? I mean, can a year go by and then they file something? Isn't there a limit to the time they can file? I was in CA, but now live in WA.

Til this day I still havent received a letter either and this was 7 months ago. So hopefully the case was just dropped.

Question Re: 6 MONTH & No civil demand letter or CA.Court... yet

Quote Quoting calixgrl
    Til this day I still havent received a letter either and this was 7 months ago. So hopefully the case was just dropped.

I'm caught walking out the door by an LP at COSTCO in California in Dec.2005
    Itís June 2006 ( 6 month with no charges ) and I still haven't received anything from COSTCO or CA.Court.

I have called the court house many time and there are no charges filed.
    It's hard to guess !
    What do you think???

1. Sponsored Links