Default Oxycontin Search and Seizure

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Canada

I got swarmed with 5-6 cop cars at a gas station, guns drawn they told me to get out of vehicle they pulled a empty oxycondin bottle out of my pocket a script that i had filled that day and around 12 grand cash out of other pocket. They charged me with trafficking and property obtained by crime(the money) they did a raid on the residence i just left 10=15 mins earlier and found a person in possession of the same pills i take and close to the same amount of pills i take on they found lots of other stuff there to not sure all but they were charged also. My personal vehicle was seized (i wasnt even in it at the time) they said in my bail hearing that a confidentation informat has said i was selling my meds to the people that they raided thats how the search and seizure came about. My questions are this is all circumstantial evidence how can they link this together? How can they prove those were my pills?etc I have a lawyer i havent seen him yet soon i hope. I wonder if i said my pills were stolen? I was test driving a vehicle at the time and just stopped in there breifly and did use the washroom quickly and i was looking for gas the truck i was in was low fuel light come on. I wonder also if they said they stole them what would the charge be for the person?It would be easier than the charges im looking at also how can they prove those were my pills in their possesion they werent marked from pharmacy i hope?

Default Re: Oxycontin Search Seizure

Quote Quoting wulmann
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Canada

I got swarmed with 5-6 cop cars at a gas station, guns drawn they told me to get out of vehicle they pulled a empty oxycontin bottle out of my pocket a script that i had filled that day and around 12 grand cash out of other pocket. They charged me with trafficking and property obtained by crime(the money) they did a raid on the residence i just left 10=15 mins earlier and found a person in possession of the same pills i take and close to the same amount of pills i take on they found lots of other stuff there to not sure all but they were charged also. My personal vehicle was seized (i wasnt even in it at the time) they said in my bail hearing that a confidentation informat has said i was selling my meds to the people that they raided thats how the search and seizure came about. My questions are this is all circumstantial evidence how can they link this together? How can they prove those were my pills?etc I have a lawyer i havent seen him yet soon i hope. I wonder if i said my pills were stolen? I was test driving a vehicle at the time and just stopped in there breifly and did use the washroom quickly and i was looking for gas the truck i was in was low fuel light come on. I wonder also if they said they stole them what would the charge be for the person?It would be easier than the charges im looking at also how can they prove those were my pills in their possesion they werent marked from pharmacy i hope?

Your meds were stolen and the thieves happened to ignore the 12 grand in cash?

Really?

Say nothing more to ANYONE. Speak only to your attorney.

BTW, this site deals with US law only, but the same common sense advice I gave still applies.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Oxycontin Search Seizure

First, this forum addresses US law issues.

Second, odds are you are hosed if the Canadian law enforcement system functions in a similar fashion to its US counterpart. If they are working with a CI, odds are it is an on-going investigation that most likely has all its ducks in a row.

Third, listen to your Canadian lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links