Default Can You Gain Personal Property Rights to Property Obtained From an Employer

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Texas.

I was recently fired by my employer. Their home offices are in Washington State but I am a permanent resident of Texas.

I was issued computers and other equipment by my employer to support my remote position. When I was fired they reminded me that they would want those items back.
    In over a month I have had to request a list of the items 4 times.
    To date they have provided no list
    I would assess the current value of these items at under $5,000.

My questions are:

• What would have to transpire for me to claim these items as my personal property?
    • Does them not providing me with a list have some sort of bearing on this process?
    • What would be my steps to claiming these items as my personal property?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

if you dont have any solutions, please provide the statute or an indication as to what statute might cover this kind of claim so that i could look up the applicable rules.

Ruprect Gern

Default Re: State of Texas Personal Property Rights

Why do you believe you either need or are entitled to a list? You have items of theirs, you know they want them back, so return them.

The list is required becuase some items during my employ were gifts and some were issued so its hard to keep track. they know this and the "list" was their idea.
    Additionally, the location that they want all of this delivered to is quite far and wouldnt be cheap at my expense, so they are going to provide a courier.
    In situations such as this, an accurate accounting of the items to be shipped is required. I dont want to send them items that were gifts.

Nevertheless, I continue contacting them by email for this info, and they continually neglect to send it. So far I have reminded them by email every 2 weeks for 8 weeks and each time they tell me that they will send a proper accounting and then 2 weeks go by with nothing.

So my question here was me just thinking ahead to the point where i am no longer required to dance at this party.
    At what point would these items; being in my personal possession, and they not providing me an accounting of the items to be returned indicate that they have abandonded them?

However, an indication of the statute that governs personal property would be helpful. when I search for this, it comes up with property statutes that govern real estate property.

In other words, you're playing games.

If you're claiming that some of your employer's property was given to you in the form of "gifts", you are free to create a list of your own and provide it to your employer along with the property you admit to be theirs.

If I were your employer I would file a police report.

This reminds me of the joke from Coming to America.

A man goes into a restaurant, and he sits down, he's having a bowl of soup and he says to the waiter, "waiter come taste the soup". Waiter says: "Is something wrong with the soup?" He says: "Taste the soup". He says: "Is there something wrong with the soup? Is the soup too hot?" He says: "Will you taste the soup?"
    What's wrong, is the soup too cold?
    Will you just taste the soup?!
    Allright, I'll taste the soup - where's the spoon??
    Aha. Aha! ...

So when you file the police report, what items will you be contending that I have?
    aha!

Have you even read what i posted here?
    I have been contacting them to account for what they want. if i didnt email them, they would never contact me again.
    i'm not sure if you grasp the situation or if you are just being contrary. in any case. i found the statute. thanks to those who PM'd me.

That in turn reminds me of a joke. An idiot walks into a legal forum, "How do I steal stuff I'm supposed to return to my employer." The forum members say, "Um... you don't." The idiot takes umbrage.

Yours is funnier, but mine actually happens. Believe it or not.

1. Sponsored Links