Default Visitation Law After Adoption

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Va
    I am a little confused by to Virginia statutes because they seem to contradict each other. Without going into a lot of detail. I am referring to
    Virginia code title 20 chapter 6.1 section 20-124.1 and 20-124.3.
    Specifically where it states " a party with legitimate interest shal NOT include any person whos parnetal rights have been terminated etc....

and the other setion states best interest of child
    The needs of child giving due consideration to other imortant relationships etc...
    which is correct because my Husband and I are in a confused state due to a recent J & D court ruling.
    Thanks

Default Re: Visitation

Quote Quoting starlady7
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Va
    I am a little confused by to Virginia statutes because they seem to contradict each other. Without going into a lot of detail. I am referring to
    Virginia code title 20 chapter 6.1 section 20-124.1 and 20-124.3.
    Specifically where it states " a party with legitimate interest shal NOT include any person whos parnetal rights have been terminated etc....

and the other setion states best interest of child
    The needs of child giving due consideration to other imortant relationships etc...
    which is correct because my Husband and I are in a confused state due to a recent J & D court ruling.
    Thanks
    If someone's parental rights have been terminated, they no longer have a legal relationship to the child in question, and would not be permitted the opportunity to file for visitation rights.

Other than that, without knowing the context of your question it would be difficult to give you any further information.

Default Re: Visitation

It is a strange situation.
    we adopted 2 kids 11 yrs ago, a brother ans sister. His sister is now living in the custody
    of her Maternal grandparents. I wont go into detail as to why.
    W want the kids to have visitation but at our descretion since my son is 14 and legally ours.
    When we went to court we stated that we didnt want our child to have contact with anyone else then his sister due to, what we dtermine could be determental to him. He does not want to go to where his sister is at now for visitation and we dont want him going either. He is 14.
    The judge ordered us to take our son half way to me these people 4 times a year and he is to stay the weekend with them.
    I believe this will be overturned on appeal, which we are doing now, due to the williams vs williams case in va and the statutes i mentioned above not to mention the 14th amendment.

1. Sponsored Links