Hybrid View

Default How Can I Evict a Roomate Who Lease is Soon Up But Doesn't Intend to Leave

My question involves an eviction in the state of: DADE COUNTY FL
    HI ALL RENTED A ROOM TO A ROOMATE FOR 6 MONTHS.HIS LEASE IS UP 31DEC 2010.WE DO NOT GET ALONG,HE PARTIES DRINK EXCESSIVLEY BRING STRANGE PEOPLE OVER AND DOES DRUGS (ALL THINGS I STATED WERE NOT ACCEPTABLE IN OUR LEASE AGREEMENT) THEREFORE I GAVE HIM 30 DAYS NOTICE THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO RENEW HIS LEASE AND MUST VACATE THE CONDO BY 31DEC.HE POINT BLANK TOLD ME HE IS NOT LEAVING AND THREW THE 30 DAY NOTICE LETTER IN MY FACE.WHAT CAN I DO,I AM WILLING TO HIRE AN EVICTION ATTORNEY IF NEED BE ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS,ALSO I HAVE A PERSON WILLING TO MOVE IN 01JAN 2011 BUT HOW CAN I SIGN A LEASE WITH A NEW ROOMIE IF HE IS STILL HERE,IF I LOOSE THIS ROOMATE WILL MY OLD ONE BE RESPOSIBLE FOR ALL THE MONEY I HAVE LOST IN NOT BEING ABLE TO RENT IT OUT,IM SO UPSET PLEASE HELP

The Law Office of Garry L. Potts 13575 58th Street North, Suite 126, Clearwater, Florida 33760 Telep

Default Re: How Can I Evict a Roomate Who Lease is Soon Up But Doesn't Intend to Leave

This is handled under the Florida Landlord Tenant Act for Residential Tenancies. You should get an attorney to make sure you handle it right, plus if your roomate ignores the notices you will need to file an eviction suit and follow through with that in order to have him thrown out. It isn't as complex or expensive as it sounds, you should be able to get an attorney to help you with it. Good luck.

Default Re: How Can I Evict a Roomate Who Lease is Soon Up But Doesn't Intend to Leave

thanks for your quick response wish your office was in miami i would hire you law firm to represent me

1. Sponsored Links