Default Los Angeles County Speeding Ticket 85 in a 65, Mistakes on the Ticket (CVC 22349a)

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of California (LA County).

So I was driving down the highway and the CHP caught me going 85 in a 65 by radar. I was issued a ticket for it under CVC 22349a VC, however there are some mistakes in the identification portion of the ticket.

I just moved to the area and am still driving under my old state's diver license and plate/registration/insurance. He put on the ticket that my driver's license is from CA when in fact it is not, however my license number is correct. Other errors include the box that says the car is registered to me being marked when the car is registered to my parents and he put my local CA address (which he asked me to write on the registration) on the ticket not the address on my license. Can any of these errors result in this ticket being thrown out?

Also, what is the best way to fight this? I was caught relatively red handed. I was told by friends a good way to fight is to extend the court date, then fight it by written delectation (thus adding an additional delay) and hope the cop forgets the whole thing and never responds (assuming that months from now when this is all settled he won't remember me, as it is likely he writes 100s of tickets a month). Is this a good method for the bogged down courts of LA county or is there a better tactic? I was also advised to file a discovery motion, what is that/how do you do it?

Also, if you do fight the ticket in court/by written deceleration and lose are you still able to take driver's school so insurance doesn't find out about the ticket? Finally, anybody have any idea what this might run me, the LA county website is not very helpful in figuring out what fees I may be responsible for.

THANKS!!!!

Default Re: Los Angeles County Speeding Ticket 85 in a 65, Mistakes on the Ticket (CVC 22349a

Regarding traffic school, it's up to the judge. Yesterday, I had a trial de novo for my VC22349b ticket. I lost, but the judge still granted me traffic school (and shaved off the $65 traffic school fee). Again, YMMV since it entirely depends on the judge.

As far as minor ticket errors are concerned, it's not likely to succeed, but you don't have much to lose if things get to trial de novo and the cop shows up, either.

1. Sponsored Links