Default Drunk Driver's Liabiity for Injuring a Passenger

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: missouri- i injured my girlfried in a one car accident, i was driveing and got a dui, what am i in for and what could i get fixed if i am a first conviction a no prior records.

Default Re: DUI Passenger Injury in Missouri from Driver

You mean, if she sues you? Because you have another thread covering the criminal side.

If you were adequately insured, I would expect your insurance company to ultimately settle her injury claim.

she is not sueing me. my lawyer appealed my convicted dui and is going for a trial denovo. the officer is not angry with me.are denovos succesful? thanks

denovos are no less different than the first hearing as far as being found guilty of DUI...get that bicycle ready.

Default Re: Drunk Driver's Liabiity for Injuring a Passenger

then maybe people in california that are around the worst of the worst should go crawl in a hole----thanks

DE NOVO just means things are started over again in the new court. Unless your lawyer has some different strategy towards the evidence against you, it's not likely to result in anything different.

What does the officer being angry or not have to do with it. It's not the officer who will be prosecuting you. Officer's testify to things that will send people to the death penalty without being angry at them.

Conviction or not, you're most likely going to be held liable for civil damages brought against you. The burden of proof is less.

who would hold me liable for the civil damages? what does the burden of proof mean? thanks

If you have no question about a personal injury suit, you shouldn't have posted a question in a forum for personal injury cases. Particularly when you already have a criminal question posted and there's a forum rule against double-posting questions. Show some basic courtesy.

1. Sponsored Links