Default Plea Bargain for Public Intox with No Attorney

I was put in jail for "public intoxication" in Oklahoma. Many questions but will put them separately; also they might go in different forum sections.
    ***Please note, I will NOT have an attorney. No way no how, can I afford an attorney, so please keep that in mind when answering.***

They said I could just pay the $140 (which was also the amount to bond out of jail)...OR I could go to court on the court date. However

I looked up the statute and it says:
    "(e) Any person who violates section (a) [being intoxicated in public] shall be punished by a fine of not less than $10.00 nor more than $100.00 or by imprisonment of not more than 30 days, or both such fine and imprisonment."

1. How come they are asking me to pay $140?
    2. If I go to court and plead guilty can I possibly get it reduced? I mean how does the decision to fine someone "not less than $10.00 nor more than $100.00" get made? By the judge right? Any advice would be appreciated.
    3. How does one go about asking the prosecutor or judge for deferred adjudication or withhold of adjudication? Just give the prosecutor a call?

Default Re: Plea Bargain for Public Intox with No Attorney

You have no defense for the charge? Only to the fee? You'll lose on this point most likely. Fees are compounded on to of fines.

Default Re: Plea Bargain for Public Intox with No Attorney

The base fine does not include additional assessments, such as court costs, victim's rights fees, supervision fees, etc.

If you want to ask the prosecutor for a deferral, talk to a prosecutor before entering your plea, ask, and see how the prosecutor responds. You can try contacting the prosecutor by phone; I can't promise that the prosecutor will talk to you before your court date.

1. Sponsored Links