Default Holiday Madness

This is my first holiday season on EL. I have noticed a significant uptick in the number of threads from folks who seem to need medication of one form or another. Is this a normal pattern for this place?

Default Re: Holiday Madness

Uranus is retrograde until December.

Seriously though? We notice it on other forums, too. School is out, older kids are bored, what more fun is there than trolling an anonymous forum?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post

Seriously though? We notice it on other forums, too. School is out, older kids are bored, what more fun is there than trolling an anonymous forum?
    Yeah i've seen it on many image boards as well.

Mostly i blame it on the anonymity of the internet.

I've seen harrassment like people posting image macros and such. Mostly i feel it's because people think that because they hide behind a screen,they feel it gives them protection to do what they want.

Quote Quoting Linuxfan
    View Post
    Mostly i feel it's because people think that because they hide behind a screen,they feel it gives them protection to do what they want.
    little do they know their anonymity is limited, especially if they are not knowledgeable enough to be able to hide themselves adequately.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post

I can always tell when it's the end of the grading period. The amount of emancipation whining increases.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    little do they know their anonymity is limited, especially if they are not knowledgeable enough to be able to hide themselves adequately.
    Heh. So many of 'em can't, not even with explicit instructions.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

I will also say that we are also due for our semester bound uptick in homework requests... something like "give me every supreme court case that has dealt with personal civil rights, the decision and, for each, what that decision meant for the previous and future decisions. Keep it to 5000 words and double space, please."

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    I will also say that we are also due for our semester bound uptick in homework requests... something like "give me every supreme court case that has dealt with personal civil rights, the decision and, for each, what that decision meant for the previous and future decisions. Keep it to 5000 words and double space, please."

No kidding!!!!

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    Whatever happenned to the spirit of giving? Ya bunch of turdsmokin' scrooges!:P

LMAO x 10!!!

I am still laughing at the assclown who thinks he should not be requested to show his receipt at the door. Loser.

I've noticed the homework questions picking up. Tis the season to goof off and not do your own work.

Quote Quoting PandorasBox
    View Post
    I am still laughing at the assclown who thinks he should not be requested to show his receipt at the door. Loser.
    I agree with him in the respect that he has the right to decline absent a contractual agreement like a club. I disagree with the way he thinks he can respond to it. That is what makes him an assclown. Having worked in LP, I've dealt with jackasses like him. Hopefully someday he will wind up in jail, where he can really be an assclown.

1. Sponsored Links