Default Moving Radar SMD Speeding Ticket in Washington

My question involves traffic court in the State of: Washington

Snohomish County District Court

I am posting for a friend.

Ok so as I was coming around the corner, I saw a motorcyclist coming towards me in the opposite lane. At that point I didnít even know it was a police officer. He turned on his lights before he passed me so I slowed down to pull over. I looked at my speedometer as I was looking for a spot to pull off the road and it said 37. He made a U-turn and pulled up behind me. He asked how fast I was going. When I had looked at my speedometer it said 37 so thatís what I said. I never said I knew the speed limit. He then said I was going 49 and he had it on radar. I said I didnít think that was accurate and if he was sure I was going 49 so he said he saw me hit my brakes as he passed so I could dispute it through the courts. I did in fact hit my brakes because he turned his lights on before he passed me! He then typed me up a ticket while I waited by his bike and chatted with me about his motorcycle until he was done giving me the ticket.

Ticket

Officer's Notes

SCDC sucks they no longer answer phones according to phone message due to budget cuts & must go down there to get the radar cert. Request for Discovery was done via BLewis' form (thank you Barry). They have electronic ticketing that files with the court same day.

Officer's Notes says "I have been trained..." but doesn't say certified, when, and by whom? It doesn't specifically say when he tested the radar either. What about the accuracies of moving radar since he was on a motorcycle?

Help! TIA

Default Re: Moving Radar SMD Speeding Ticket in Washington

Are you planning a defense beyond "I don't think I was going that fast"?

1. Sponsored Links