Default Married to a U.S. Citizen but Recently Found Out She is Already Married

Ok I`ll try and keep this short. Entered the country LEGALLY and got married. Went to see a lawyer and was told everything should run smooth and we would just need some paperwork to file for adjustment of status and green card. One paperwork was her divorce decree as she was married before. She went to get a copy of this only to find out her divorce never went threw and was still married to her ex. Within a week she left me and left her child with no way of contacting her. I know my marriage to her is void but I didn`t know about her not being divorced and entered the marriage in good faith. Is there anything I can do as I gave up everything for her and now if I return to my own country I will homeless and will have nothing. Right now I`m so worried about this and feel lied to and used.

Default Re: Married to a U.S. Citizen but Recently Found Out She is Already Married

You're stating that you never filed any paperwork in relation to adjustment of status? Or did you and your spouse in fact file an I-130 and I-485 before this problem was discovered?

Why wasn't your spouse's divorce ever finalized?

Why did she abandon you and her child?

Default Re: Married to a U.S. Citizen but Recently Found Out She is Already Married

...and, the I-864?

No paperwork was filed as we was getting all documents ready to file which would have included any divorce decrees. I have no clue why the divorce was not finalized but from what I have found out the divorce was retracted for some reason by her ex. As for the abandoment I guess she got scared and ran.

I would assume that she knew she was still married. Now you got screwed ... sucks, huh? Nothing you can do about this one. Go back home.

1. Sponsored Links