Default Parking Issue with Townhome Association

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: PA

I hope this is the right forum. Anyone know the towing laws in PA?

Apparently you are not allowed to park on the street or even up on the sidewalk (like I have seen many folks do since I moved in) or you get fined or towed by townhomes association. I figured no HOA this time around great. Guess not!

Landlord never told me of any rules or supplied me with a rulebook. That's breach of contract on his end, no?

Anyway, The Cobra is in the garage & the driveway only has room for 1 car so the GC is there of course. My gf obviously has a car.

When she comes over she 1st started parking on the street. I got a letter to stop that. Fine, I figured you're supposed to pull halfway on the sidewalk like many other people do. Got another letter yesterday to stop that or get fined. [8|]

I call the dopes. Apparently, you're supposed to park in the couple extra spots waaaaaaaay at the other end of the street. What happens if someone has a party withlots of company? You're not supposed to have it if there are not enough spots?! BS. They expect people to walk a mile (obviously it's not literally a mile) in the dead of winter, in a snow storm, in 100* heat in the summer?!

I ultimately, get nowhere with this woman & she tells me I'm not on file as a renter so I need to call my landlord. Been playing phone tag with him. I'm not walking a mile just to get to my house & I'm not having her do it either. Don't people have anything better to do w/their time than make these stupid rules? I'd love to know which jackoff has the free time to report this as well. I wonder if they reported most of the people on my block since they do it all the time. What a joke. If I knew this kind of bs was present I would have passed on the place.

Anyone had to deal w/bs like this? What avenue did you take to resolve it to your liking?

Default Re: Parking Issue with Townhome Association

No, it's not a breach of contract for your landlord to not give you a "rule book" - for all we know there's not actually a "rule book" he could give you.

Further, given that the HOA has been notifying you of your violations and the consequences of continued violations, it's in no way your landlord's fault if you choose to ignore the letters. If you and your girlfriend choose to ignore HOA rules and get towed, it's on you.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    No, it's not a breach of contract for your landlord to not give you a "rule book" - for all we know there's not actually a "rule book" he could give you.

Further, given that the HOA has been notifying you of your violations and the consequences of continued violations, it's in no way your landlord's fault if you choose to ignore the letters. If you and your girlfriend choose to ignore HOA rules and get towed, it's on you.
    I didn't say anything about it being the landlord's fault if letters are ignored. If there are certain rules that must be followed or fines etc will be imposed, he is required to let any tenant moving in BEFORE they move in.

You really didn't answer anything for me. Anyone know what the towing laws in PA are? I know in some states, these people don't have any LEGAL ground to stand on with the towing & such. I'm trying to find out if that is the case in my state.

Quote Quoting TomPA
    View Post
    If there are certain rules that must be followed or fines etc will be imposed, he is required to let any tenant moving in BEFORE they move in.
    Well, if you're going to trot in here and sniff that there's a magic law somewhere out there that says exactly what you want it to say, why are you bothering to ask?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Well, if you're going to trot in here and sniff that there's a magic law somewhere out there that says exactly what you want it to say, why are you bothering to ask?
    Don't twist my words. If anyone wants to have a conversation & try to help me please post.

Have a good day.

1. Sponsored Links