Default Overcharged Utility Bill

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: CA

Hi,
    I've been in my apartment with my wife and 4 year old daughter for 1 year and 9 months now. It's a two bedroom apartment w/ two baths and washer and drier.

Since day one and until this day my utilities bill each month is around $140. I checked with the office many times and they kept pushing me until the other day they said this is what they charge everyone else and this is the rate for a 2 bedroom apartment.
    I checked with my neighbors who have the same setup(2 bed, 2 bath, washer and drier) and also people with 3 bed rooms (4 adults+) and all said that the max they pay for utilities is $60 (that's for the 3 bedroom ones who have washer and drier). Most of the people that I asked rented after me or few months ago.

Not just that, they recently uped my rent $60 more. It's too much to pay this amount plus I have to pay for city power. Is this an overcharge? Why is it different from all people around me in the same complex? and why did they say this is what they charge everyone when it's not true. What can I do?

Thank you

Default Re: Overcharged Utility Bill

How are utilities calculated for each unit? Are they separately metered? Is this a RUBS system? If you don't tell us, there's no way for us to know.

1. Sponsored Links