Default Guns and the Constitution

My question involves civil rights in the State of: New Jersey.

How can individual states enact laws making it a crime to own guns, when the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution states The Right to Bear Arms, (A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed). On the other hand, why cannot individual states enforce laws on immigration, even though it's the federal government's job? Where is the difference between these two situations? Thank you for your response. I look forward to reading it?

Default Re: Guns and the Constiution

Oh honey seriously? Have you not even searched these fair forums? BOTH issues have been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over....

Those horses are already glue. Unless....

I have not read any of the posts. What do they say? Can you send me some links to these posts? Thanks.

have you tried the search function?

Ask your teacher, honey. That's what he or she is there for.

Quote Quoting wrtrblk
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: New Jersey.

How can individual states enact laws making it a crime to own guns, when the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution states The Right to Bear Arms, (A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed).

The right to bear arms under the 2nd was only pronounced this year by the US SC. Yes, it is retroactive in application.

Any state laws prohibitng such are now null and void under the Supremacy Clause of Article 6.

Restrictions on felons owning guns etc., I assume is not your point.

On the other hand, why cannot individual states enforce laws on immigration, even though it's the federal government's job? Where is the difference between these two situations?
    They can, there is US SC case law to the effect a state is not prohibited from enforcing federal law. Now I know the Justice Department filed suit to halt AZ's so called immigration bill, but the law seems to be on AZ's side, not the feds.

This is for cyjeff Obviously you shouldn't be posting replies as I should not post questions I would like answered. I thought this is a question/answer forum, not a belittlement contest.

Quote Quoting wrtrblk
    View Post
    This is for cyjeff Obviously you shouldn't be posting replies as I should not post questions I would like answered. I thought this is a question/answer forum, not a belittlement contest.
    We help people that are facing legal issues in their own lives.

If we do your homework for you, you are missing out on the most important part of the process.... learning where to find the information. We know where to find it... handing it to you on a silver platter doesn't help you.

1. Sponsored Links