Unhappy What Happens when I Voluntarily Turn Myself in for a Warrant

My question involves an arrest warrant from the State of: New York. I was pulled over for driving without license and no insurance and I didn't appear for the court date as i was in my annual training for the national guard. ( not making excuses just explaining) The police called me today and stated I had a warrant and that I should turn myself in tomorrow before 9. I told her I would but now I'm afraid for what comes next. I am a single mom to four kids and am currently surviving on unemployment. What happens when I turn myself in?

Default Re: Wondering What Happens when I Voluntarily Turn Myself in for a Warrant

Depends on how you handle it.

You could just be booked and released. Or booked and jailed. Or booked and jailed, then later hauled up in front of the judge.

It's in your best interests to retain counsel. DO NOT simply head for the police station on your own. Get an attorney to negotiate the terms of your surrender, it's likely an attorney can at least keep you on THIS side of the Grey Bar Hotel.

1. Sponsored Links