Default Miswritten Traffic Violation, Will This Error Help Me to Get the Ticket Dismissed

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Colorado
    I went through a stop light that was turning red, and I will not contest that I probably ran the red light. I ended up getting pulled over for it, and was written a ticket for running the light. As I read the ticket I realized that the officer wrote that I violated a "stop sign" and at the intersection that is written on the ticket. There is no stop sign, its the stop light at that intersection. Would it be worth contesting the violation based on the premise that he cited me for running a stop sign that did not exist, and what are the chances of getting this ticket dismissed due to this fact?

Default Re: Miswritten Traffic Violation, Will This Error Help Me to Get the Ticket Dismissed

Which VC section is cited?

Default Re: Miswritten Traffic Violation, Will This Error Help Me to Get the Ticket Dismissed

let him testify that is was a stop sign. And let the state rest. Then show pictures of the intersection showing that there are no stop signs. If he testifies that it was a stop sign violation then you win....you can cross him specifically asking him if the stop signs were posted properly to even make him look like a bigger liar

VC section?

Yeah, vehicle code. The violation. It will be a five digit number (possibly with letters after it) like 21453a. This tells us what you are accused of violating.

1. Sponsored Links