Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    Default Grandparents Rights in a Protective Services Case

    In a CPS Petition, it was recommended that we not get custody of our grandchildren, because we supposingly physically abused them with a switch, these accusations are not true. How can we address this charge? There are other matters on this petition that are false also involving our son. The grandchildren are in protective custody and we have not been able to see them or know how CPS is getting the information. If not addressed how will this effect our grandparental rights?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: Grandparents Rights

    If the children are involved in a CPS action, you probably can't initiate an action for grandparent visitation while that action is pending. Laws and procedures vary by state. It would be a good idea to consult a family lawyer in your state.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Protective Services: Will a Protective Services Case Follow You to a New State
    By lawfacts in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2016, 05:15 PM
  2. Child Abuse: Will Protective Services Take a Newborn Due to a Prior Abuse Case
    By lawfacts in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 02:02 PM
  3. Court Proceedings: Recovering Custody Lost to Grandparents After a Protective Services Removal
    By Wantmykid in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 03:32 PM
  4. Modification of Custody: Getting Custody After a Protective Services Case is Closed
    By Tabithat82 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 03:23 PM
  5. Protective Services: Calling Protective Services During a Divorce Case
    By smackdaddiest1 in forum Abuse and Neglect
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Custody Lawyer
Get help for your custody case. Consult a divorce lawyer for free.