Default Arizona Expungement Laws

Hello All,

I currently live in AZ and have 2 arrest records that are dated back to 1988 and 1985. No convictions, no charges were ever filed on both. They were related to shoplifting. Since then, I never got into any trouble, clean as a whistle. They are in the state database and FBI records as well. I would like to get them expunged or in Arizona terms "set aside." I believe I need to petetion the Arizona Superior Court to get these removed. Can I do both at once or petition them one at a time, then let some time go by and do the next one? Where can I find a sample petition or motion to expunge for the state of Arizona?

Would appreciate any feedback or assistance.

Thanks...

Rob

Default Re: Arizona Expungement Laws

You just told us "no charges were ever filed" on either arrest. If you weren't charged and weren't convicted, there is no conviction to be "set aside".

I am surprised that a mere shoplifting arrest with no subsequent court action would be showing up in your FBI record.

Default Re: Arizona Expungement Laws

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You just told us "no charges were ever filed" on either arrest. If you weren't charged and weren't convicted, there is no conviction to be "set aside".

I am surprised that a mere shoplifting arrest with no subsequent court action would be showing up in your FBI record.
    Well, I need to further elaborate. Even though they were related to "shoplifting" the charges were burglary and possesion of stolen property. Cops were reaching for Felony to make their quote, but since I had an attorney involved, they didn't get their wish. However, I am left with two arrest records on my FBI record and State Database. Since there was an arrest, State database and FBI database gets a copy. At least in Arizona that is the case....As for the "set aside" comment, that is the term AZ is familiar with vs. expunge. I maybe wrong...Still learning...

Thanks..

Rob

1. Sponsored Links