Default Tenant Left and Owes Money. What to Do

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Tucson, Arizona

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask but my father has a little situation he wants me to help him with. He has a few rental homes and one of the tenants made a bunch of commitments (fix up the mess he made, pay for damages etc..). My dad still has the emails saved of the commitments he made. The guy did 1/2 the work on the house he promised to do and just straight up disappeared. I have some of his information like drivers license, name, and SS #.

How exactly would I go about perusing him?

Default Re: Tenant Left and Owes Money. What to Do

Your dad can sue him. Depending on the amount owed, small claims court is generally the easiest forum. Recall also that judgments don't collect themselves. Nobody here can promise that a deadbeat tenant will be willing or able to pay toward a judgment. Does the tenant have a job or other assets that could be pursued?

1. Sponsored Links