Question Terminating Guardianship and the Best Interests of Child

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Missouri

I voluntarily signed over guardianship of my daughter to two of my relatives. They will not contact her grandparents or her father and when they do talk to her grandparents they intentionally get into fights with them.
    When I ask to see my daughter they say it's okay but won't let me be alone with her or take her out of the house because I "might kidnap her".
    Obviously they are not attempting to let me have a normal relationship with my daughter and couldn't care less whether her father and grandparents even see her.
    I have been told that guardianship and custody are two different matters in Missouri and if this is the case I need to know what I can do about this.

Default Re: Terminating Guradianship and the Best Interests of Child

Was the guardianship done through the court system? Why?

When? How old is the child now?

Please understand that the child's grandparents have no inherent rights whatsoever to see or speak with your daughter.

Yes, I understood that. I just feel that it is in her best interest to be in contact with both sides of the family.
    Her guardians intentionally refuse to initiate contact in any way whatsoever. Knowing that her grandparents want to see her, they will not so much as send a text message regarding their schedule [ie we're out of town this week, we'll be busy on such and such weekend, etc]. I know it's not their legal responsibility but it would seem like the convenient and sensible thing to do at least that much.
    Guardianship was appointed through the courts in August of 2009. The child is 2 years old.
    I personally have been harassed several times by both of her guardians for being in contact with her father regarding visitation and family events or even merely for social reasons. I have been yelled at, cussed at, called names and various other things and they have no regard as to whether my daughter hears them talking to me [or anybody] in such a way. I don't believe that a child should hear her parents or relatives spoken to like this.

Tolly, was this completely voluntary or did the situation involve child services?

It makes a big difference as to your options. Thank you for clarifying my questions so far

1. Sponsored Links